JLo manages to steal the spotlight everytime with her radiant looks – find out how she does it, with these insider tips from celebrity makeup artist Sheri Stroh.
Glowing skin in Jennifer Lopez’s trademark; her skin is always luminous. To get an angelic look like hers, our makeup artist offers these steps:
After applying concealer to any problem areas and any dark circles, apply a combination of foundation and highliger for luminous skin. Mix a little bit of highlighter in with your foundation on the back of your hand and apply with a sponge or brush to your skin. This with give you a subtle glow.
For this lighter version of the smoky eye, use an eye shadow brush to sweep a light taupe or grey shadow on the lids from the lash line to the crease. Use a grey or grey-blue shadow in the crease, starting at the inner corner and working your way out. Highlight underneath the brow with a shimmering cream shade.
Add drama to the eye with a lot of black liner inside the inner rim of the eye and lots of mascara. Always curl lashes first.
Tip: Stroh points out that the black liner will last longer if you apply a black eye shadow over the liner. The powder shadow helps keep it in place.
Use highlighter and blush strategically. Sweep a peach blush on the apples of your cheeks, and use a light cream highlighter on the tops of your cheekbones. Apply the cream in a “C” from the top of the middle of your cheekbones up to your temple.
Keep lips looking sexy with a nude pinky peach or beige lipstick or gloss.
Check out these products:
1. Look for a highlight palette that will compliment your skintone. Try Fresh Satin Luster Face Palette, $45; available at sephora.com.
2. Hard Candy’s eye shadow quartet in Suede contains all the colors you need to get JLo’s look. It is $28 and available at sephora.com.
3. Make your body glow seductively with a shimmering body oil. Try, Nars Body Glow, $59; available at sephora.com.
4. Get expertly curled lashes with this industry staple: Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler, $18; available at sephora.com.
5. For Jennifer’s nude lips slick on one of her favorite glosses – Nars Lip Lacquer in Chelsea Girls, $23; available at sephora.com.