This glamorous leading lady knows how to make an entrance. Her makeup is always stunning and flawless. Interested in looking like a screen goddess? Then get glamorous with these tips from celebrity makeup artist, Sheri Stroh, and you’ll look red carpet ready in no time flat!
Start with a tinted moisturizer or lightweight foundation to even out your skin tone. Use a concealer only where you need it – under the eyes, and wherever there is redness. Use a creamy concealer and apply with your finger. The heat from your fingers will soften the concealer even more, so it will blend beautifully. Dust on a loose powder with a large fluffy brush wherever you need it.
Prep the eye with a primer or concealer. This wil neutralize any redness; this is especially important when you are using a lighter shade. For this classic look, sweep on a light gold shimmering powder or cream shadow from the lash line to the crease. Use a subtle, shimmering brown shade to line the lower lash line. On the upper lash line use black liquid liner.
To emphasize the eye, apply mascara generously, but concentrate on the outer corners to accentuate the black liner, says Stroh, this will give even more lift to the eye. To draw attention to the eye, try using a little gold shimmer on the inner corners of the eye.
Add warmth to the cheeks with a subtle bronzer and use a berry shade on the lips.
Products to try:
1. Choose a powder that gives the skin a sun-kissed rosy glow like Benefit Dallas, $26. The color is sheer and works on most skin tones. Available at sephora.com.
2. Cream eye liner is a happy medium between liquid and powder and they offer smudge proof coverage, check out Smashbox Cosmetics Cream Eye Liner, $22; available at sephora.com.
3. A shimmering, gold shadow is the perfect compliment to dramatic liner and lashes, try Urban Decay eye shadow in Blunt, $15; available at sephora.com.
4. Hightlighting is easy with a convenient gold pencil. Choose one that has a creamy texture and blends easily. A good one to try: Benefit Gilded, $18; available at sephora.com.
5. For berry lips like Kate’s try these shades: MAC lipstick in Sophisto, $14, available at maccosmetics.com and Rimmel Vinyl Lip Gloss in Snog, available at drugstores nationwide.