This week, celebrity makeup artist, Sheri Stroh, breaks down the look of Oscar nominated actress, Keira Knightley.
Gorgeous and stunning, Keira is a star on the rise. Despite her young age, she has managed to dominate the red carpet dressed in stunning gowns and made up to perfection. To recreate her alluring look, follow these four easy steps:
For a traditional smoky eye using dark browns, plums or black shadows, shade your eyes before you do any other makeup including foundation, Stroh cautions. “The black eye shadow gets everywhere!” Prep your lids with a concealer or eye shadow primer before you get started.
With an eye shadow brush, sweep a smoky plum toned shade lightly from the lash line to the crease. Define the crease with a darker plum shade, applying the color from the inner eye out. Use the dark shade to line the lower lash line, blending it up to meet the edge of the outer crease. Then blend, blend, blend! Use a large shadow brush, cotton swab or your finger to smudge the colors. Lastly, apply waterproof black mascara.
For flawless looking skin, use a lightweight foundation to even out your skin tone. Apply concealer wherever you need it. Use powder sparingly; you don’t want your makeup to look heavy or too matte.
Keep the rest of your makeup neutral and light. Use one product for cheek and lips to keep it simple. Bonus: the cream blush will last longer, and keep your skin looking fresh, not matte. Just throw it in your purse for instant touch ups on the go.
Products to try:
1. Make sure your lashes are ready for their close up with a deeply pigmented mascara like Dior Diorshow Mascara, $23; available at sephora.com.
2. Give cheeks and lips a long-lasting, natural looking flush, with a multi-purpose product like Aveda Uruku Cheek and Lip Creme, $14; available at aveda.com.
3. Mimic Keira’s smoky eye with a dark plum shade like Cargo eye shadow in Persia, $16; available at sephora.com.
4. For a look that lasts choose a light weight foundation that is transfer resistant and long lasting, try Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation; available at drugstores nationwide.
5. Expertly line your eyes with a long wearing cream liner, then soften the line with a coordinating powder eye shadow. Check out Cargo Smoky Eyeliner Duo in Katmandu, $28; available at sephora.com.